The Bedrock Skirt is a typical jean skirt style garment that looks great in many bottom weight fabrics such as denim, twill, and corduroy. Back, front and coin pockets are all optional so choose to include as many or as few as you like. An optional raw-edged pocket detail also curves along the front pocket opening to give some added interest. The front of the skirt features a faux fly for sizes 2-6 and a zipper fly for sizes 7-16. The waistband can then include either a snap or button closure above that. Optional belt loops give the finishing touch to really make this skirt remind you of your favourite jeans.
Advanced level (due to zipper fly on sizes 7-16)
- Sizes 2-16
- Color photo tutorial with hyperlinks
- Quick instruction page
Bottom weight woven fabrics are recommended for this pattern. Fabrics such as denims, corduroys, twills, etc. 0-10% stretch is acceptable. If using a fabric with slightly more stretch it is recommended to interface the main waistband to help it maintain shape.
FRONT POCKET & FRONT POCKET LINING:
Use mid weight wovens with good structure such as quilting cottons. (This fabric is meant to help reduce bulk in the pocket area while still maintaining structure.)
Use mid weight woven fabric with minimal stretch and good structure such as quilting cotton.
- 5” metal zip with 1”- 1 1/4” wide tape. (sizes 7-16 only)
*Note that zipper MAY need to be shortened depending on garment size.
- small piece of woven fusible interfacing such as Pellon SF-101
- Jeans button, regular button or heavy duty snap for waistband closure (5/8” recommended)
- OPTIONAL: jean studs, patches, etc. for embellishment
- OPTIONAL: topstitching thread
You can choose to receive the pattern in two different ways.
1. Printed Pattern with PDF Instructions - This pattern will be printed and dispatched to you once you have placed your order. It will contain the A0 Pages for the pattern and it will be dispatched in a clear polythene cover to keep it safe. You will be able to download the instructions file as a PDF at the end of the transaction.
2. Printed Pattern with Printed Instructions - For £2.00 more we will print the A0 Pattern pages and the A4 instructions for you and they will be dispatched in a clear polythene cover to keep it safe.
All of our printed patterns are sent via Royal Mail 1st class post.