This vintage style swimsuit pattern comes with a variety of options for one or two piece suits. With pieced or solid options for the bodice and bottoms, it can be a very simple suit or great for colour blocking. The one piece suit has an extra insert for even more colour-blocking fun. An optional ruffle can be sewn into the waist of a one piece or at the hem of the two piece bodice. The two piece bodice can be cut at a cropped or tankini length. Make a Raspberry cover-up to complete this cute beach look.
- Advanced Beginner level
- Sizes 2-16
- Colour photo tutorial
- Quick instruction page
Fabrics: Swim fabrics with minimum 50-70% stretch. Athletic knits can be used, but may wear out sooner from sun and chlorine exposure. Swim fabrics with high recovery and lower stretch percentage will result in a suit that feels tighter.
Swim lining fabric with similar stretch to the main fabric. Main fabric can be used in place of lining, but may result in a slightly tighter suit.
- 3/8” swim elastic
- 1/2”, 3/4”, OR 1” swim elastic (two piece bottoms)
- woolly nylon thread (optional)
- 1/4” clear elastic (optional for tankini)
You can choose to receive the pattern in two different ways.
1. Printed Pattern with PDF Instructions - This pattern will be printed and dispatched to you once you have placed your order. It will contain the A0 Pages for the pattern and it will be dispatched in a Kraft String and Washer Envelope that has the Pattern sticker on the front which is perfect for using to store you pattern in once sewn. You will be able to download the instructions file as a PDF at the end of the transaction.
2. Printed Pattern with Printed Instructions - For £2.00 more we will print the A0 Pattern pages and the A4 instructions for you and dispatch them in a Kraft String and Washer Envelope that has the Pattern sticker on the front which is perfect for using to store you pattern in once sewn.
All of our printed patterns are sent via Royal Mail 1st class post.