This vintage style swimsuit pattern comes with a variety of options for one or two piece suits. With pieced or solid options for the bodice and bottoms, it can be a very simple suit or great for colour blocking. The one piece suit has an extra insert for even more colour-blocking fun. An optional ruffle can be sewn into the waist of a one piece or at the hem of the two piece bodice. The two piece bodice can be cut at a cropped or tankini length. Make a Raspberry cover-up to complete this cute beach look.
- Advanced Beginner level
- Sizes 2-16
- Colour photo tutorial
- Quick instruction page
Fabrics: Swim fabrics with minimum 50-70% stretch. Athletic knits can be used, but may wear out sooner from sun and chlorine exposure. Swim fabrics with high recovery and lower stretch percentage will result in a suit that feels tighter.
Swim lining fabric with similar stretch to the main fabric. Main fabric can be used in place of lining, but may result in a slightly tighter suit.
- 3/8” swim elastic
- 1/2”, 3/4”, OR 1” swim elastic (two piece bottoms)
- woolly nylon thread (optional)
- 1/4” clear elastic (optional for tankini)
You can choose to receive the pattern in two different ways.
1. Printed Pattern with PDF Instructions - This pattern will be printed and dispatched to you once you have placed your order. It will contain the A0 Pages for the pattern and it will be dispatched in a clear polythene cover to keep it safe. You will be able to download the instructions file as a PDF at the end of the transaction.
2. Printed Pattern with Printed Instructions - For £2.00 more we will print the A0 Pattern pages and the A4 instructions for you and they will be dispatched in a clear polythene cover to keep it safe.
All of our printed patterns are sent via Royal Mail 1st class post.