Rose Hip is a bomber style jacket in cropped or waist length and with a hood or banded neckline. It’s designed for woven fabrics, but can be made with stable knits as well. It’s the sister pattern to Clover which is the knit hoodie version of Rose Hip. Choose the curved style lines or keep the whole thing simple without piecing. The long sleeve is cinched in at the wrist with a cuff to match the cuffing both at the waist hem and around the hood opening or neckband. The cuff has the option for a fun double cuff just to be “extra”. An optional zippered pocket can be added for a spot to stick little Lego people or some money for the movies. Welt pockets to keep the hands warm are optional as well, but only on the waist length version.
- Advanced level (welt pockets and zippers)
- Sizes 2-16
- Colour photo tutorial
- Quick instruction page
Recommended Fabrics: Medium to heavy weight woven fabrics such as twill, linen, canvas, corduroy, faux leather, minky, and more.
Some structured, stable, 2-way stretch knit fabrics can also be used such as scuba, ponte, jacquard jersey, and more,
Lining - Lightweight lining fabrics or slippery fabrics such as satin. Fuzzy fabrics such as sherpa or minky can be used for added warmth, however, it is recommended to size up when using bulky fabrics.
Cuffing - Quality cuffing fabrics with good recovery are recommended for the cuffs, hem, neckband and hood trim. Other knits with good recovery and structure can be used. The hood trim is best with a structured cuffing/knit that holds shape and will not become floppy.
Notions - One separating zipper (#5 size is recommended) See Fabric requirements picture for lengths.
- Fusible interfacing (to stabilize knit or unstable fabrics for pockets and zipper installation)
- 1/4” double-sided, wash-away adhesive tape (for zipper installation)
- One 5” zipper (This will be shortened in the tutorial steps.)
- Premade cuffing (Widths may differ from the pattern and necessary adjustments should be considered.)
- 2mm satin cording and 1” wide bias binding for piping
- Other piping or trim as desired
- 3/8-1/2” ribbon or twill tape to cover zipper tape
You can choose to receive the pattern in two different ways.
1. Printed Pattern with PDF Instructions - This pattern will be printed and dispatched to you once you have placed your order. It will contain the A0 Pages for the pattern and it will be dispatched in a clear polythene cover to keep it safe. You will be able to download the instructions file as a PDF at the end of the transaction.
2. Printed Pattern with Printed Instructions - For £2.00 more we will print the A0 Pattern pages and the A4 instructions for you and they will be dispatched in a clear polythene cover to keep it safe.
All of our printed patterns are sent via Royal Mail 1st class post.