With its many options and styles, the Rua tee and dress is perfect all year round. Featuring a semi-loose fitting bodice, a scoop neckline, two sleeve designs (a short puffed sleeve with cuff band, or a classic sleeve with a lightly gathered sleeve head), three sleeve lengths, and the choice of cropped tee, banded tee, hip-length tee, or dress. Lots of possibilities to mix and match!
Make the cropped tee with a waistband to wear as a tee or a jumper with high-waisted trousers, skirts, or over dresses. It goes perfectly with 1940’s style pants and 1950’s circle skirts!
The cropped tee without a waistband also works great as a tee or a jumper. How about a short sleeve tee to wear with skinny jeans? Or a long sleeved variation for when the weather’s a bit colder?
The hip-length tee features curved side seams and a hem facing, to give a neat and clean finish. With a looser fit around the bust and waist, and a slightly closer fit around the hips, it’s a great option made up in a cotton knit for casual weekend wear, or in a viscose jersey for an office-ready top.
And as for the dress - summer, winter, whatever the season, it’ll work perfectly! The Rua dress features an elasticised waist for a comfy fit, an optional sash belt, and in-seam pockets on a classic A-line skirt. Make it up in a merino or wool knit for a cozy winter dress, or pick a lightweight cotton jersey for summer.
Rua is in Muse sizing 28 - 48, which correspond to high bust sizes 28" - 48" and full bust sizes 30" - 50".
Rua is best suited to light-medium weight knit fabrics with at least 20% stretch. Try Rua in a cotton jersey, french terry, merino, wool blend, or rayon knit.
Fabric requirements are based on size 48. Extra fabric may be required to match patterns or stripes. Smaller sizes may be able to be cut out of less fabric, however the amount below is the most you will need for the given variation in a fabric with no print direction.
Note: if making the cropped tee with waistband in a size 46 or 48, you will need 140cm / 55” wide fabric to successfully fit the waistband pattern piece on.
- All variations - cotton tape or clear elastic to reinforce shoulder seams
- Dress - 1cm / 3/8” wide elastic for waist (long enough to fit comfortably around your waist - this will be approximately your waist measurement less 10%))
- Dress - four strips of lightweight interfacing, measuring 1.5cm x 14cm / 5/8” x 5 1/2”
You can choose to receive the pattern in two different ways.
1. Printed Pattern with PDF Instructions - This pattern will be printed and dispatched to you once you have placed your order. It will contain the A0 Pages for the pattern and it will be dispatched in a clear polythene cover to keep it safe. You will be able to download the instructions file as a PDF at the end of the transaction.
2. Printed Pattern with Printed Instructions - For £2.00 more we will print the A0 Pattern pages and the A4 instructions for you and they will be dispatched in a clear polythene cover to keep it safe.
All of our printed patterns are sent via Royal Mail 1st class post.