The Spruce Skirt/Skort can be made as either a woven knee-length skirt with an invizible side zip, or as a knit skirt with the option of attached shorts (to make a skort) and a fold-over elastic waistband. The shorts pattern pieces can also be used to create separate shorts. The knit skirt/skort comes in both shorter athletic length (for more freedom of movement) and knee-length. Optional piping in the waistband seam adds another fun element to this garment.
- Advanced Beginner level
- Sizes 2-16
- Colour photo tutorial
- Quick instruction page
- 1/8” (2mm) satin cording (or similar) to create piping
- Pre-made piping/decorative trim
- Sizes 2-3: 3/4” elastic
- Sizes 4-6: 1” elastic
- Sizes 7-16: 1 1/2” elastic
- 8” invisible zipper
- mid-weight fusible interfacing (such as Pellon SF-101)
- small hook & eye closure (optional)
You can choose to receive the pattern in two different ways.
1. Printed Pattern with PDF Instructions - This pattern will be printed and dispatched to you once you have placed your order. It will contain the A0 Pages for the pattern and it will be dispatched in a clear polythene cover to keep it safe. You will be able to download the instructions file as a PDF at the end of the transaction.
2. Printed Pattern with Printed Instructions - For £2.00 more we will print the A0 Pattern pages and the A4 instructions for you and they will be dispatched in a clear polythene cover to keep it safe.
All of our printed patterns are sent via Royal Mail 1st class post.